Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Board Forum > Cricket Talk

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 PM
neilh87

Smile It's hard to salute Ponting but . . . .

He doesn't exactly endear himself to cricket fans worldwide but you can't argue with his record. Fifth man in test match history to 11,000 runs, average going on 60. But he is not that entertaining is he? Or am I too caught up in Ashes fever? Discuss!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

For all reasons, he is great as Batsman. One thing which might have diverted our attention is that, he is Aussie. People always hate, teams which are ranked top in the world and same thing is with Australia.

He is no way behind Sachin in terms of records. What makes difference between Sachin and Ricky is the manners.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
neilh87

Agree - a good observation regarding manners. Have a great respect for the Aussie way but Ponting just doesn't make you purr like Sachin does. Again though - no argument with his record. Only the greats have figures like his
Old 14-07-2009, 04:23 AM
samiamnot1

I have said few things in the past that might have made me look like Aussie hater, but regarding Ponting, I would not like to compare him to the likes of Tendulkar.

There is a vast difference between Tendulkar and Ponting. Tendulkar is a legend that Ponting can never be, even if ever he surpasses Tendulkar in runs. The technique and the might with which Tnedulkar plays is way above and beyond Ponting. When Tendulkar plays his game and is in form, he is an artist and a magnificent hero that is playing to carry his nation to an epic land.

With regards to Ponting, there is always this feeling of dissatisfaction even if he makes 100 or 200. Again, call me an Aussie hater or Ponting hater (to be specific), I don't care, but there is a vast difference in quality between Tendulkar and Ponting.

I would not even consider Lara as magnificent as Tendulkar! Lara might be a real good one, even better than Ponting, but Tendulkar is a step ahead of him!

Sorry..Aussie fans...
Old 14-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiamnot1 View Post

I would not even consider Lara as magnificent as Tendulkar! Lara might be a real good one, even better than Ponting, but Tendulkar is a step ahead of him!

Sorry..Aussie fans...
I consider Lara as legend. About Ponting he is really good batsman.