Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Board Forum > Cricket Talk

Notices

Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
hk2009

Default Kolkata Knight Riders The Most Valued IPL brand

Kolkata Knight Riders have turned out to be the most-valued brand in the Indian Premier League (IPL) despite their performance on the field, as they finished last in the table.

Shah Rukh Khanís owned team has a brand value of $ 42.1 million followed closely by the Rajasthan Royals, who have a brand value of $ 39.5 million. Thatís 59 per cent of its franchise fee of $ 67 million.

In just two years, the IPL is already worth more than 2 billion dollars and counting. According to UK-based brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance, the IPL brand has a value of over $ 311.94 million.

This year finalists the Deccan Chargers and the Royal Challengers, who played well, are way down the branding table.

The Chargers have a brand value of $ 34.8 million, a poor 33 per cent of its franchise fee of $ 107 million. The Vijay Mallya-owned Royal Challengers' brand value is 34 per cent of its franchise fee of $ 111.6 million.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
samiamnot1

Well partly because Khan owns that team. It's like Midas touch. I don't get it, how can people give so much power to one person in India? Also, I think they have well advertized their team in public.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
ug.robs

Kolkata Knight Riders cannot show their talent on the field but their work outside the field is enjoyed by all of us. It's mainly because of SRK that make them most valued brand. But I think they should really constrate on their game.....
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ug.robs View Post
Kolkata Knight Riders cannot show their talent on the field but their work outside the field is enjoyed by all of us. It's mainly because of SRK that make them most valued brand. But I think they should really constrate on their game.....
SRK is very intelligent. He has purchased the team which own biggest ground of cricket in India as well as one of the most populated city loving cricket (I know football too).