Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Board Forum > Cricket Talk

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
spicehacks

Thumbs up T20 v/s ODIs,Test.

"All good things come in small packages. Or they don’t?"

T20 came into existence because it was thought that 5 day cricket and ODIs consume a lot of time and people had started to loose interest in these gentlemen’s games. Success of games like soccer was ascribed to the fact that they didn’t take much time to conclude. So, came a new innovation known as T20. Initially some cricket playing nations like India were apprehensive about its success but now this seems to have become the most popular form of cricket.
Many reasons can be given for its success. The first and the most obvious being the time factor. In today’s fast paced world it’s much easier to follow a full T20 match than a 50 over encounter. Moreover the situations change more quickly in a T20 match requiring very quick thinking and change of strategies, thus making the game all the more exciting. Add to this the power hitting and innovative stroke plays, and this becomes a perfect recipe for perfect entertainment.
Everything seems so right and correct about this format, so what is the problem then? Well, the lovers of the ODI and test format seem to have some problems with this format. It is feared that in times to come, this form will completely eclipse these old formats. The purists fear that this slam bang type of game will kill the traditional way of playing cricket. It is feared that the ODIs will be most affected by this as test matches have completely different flavor. Furthermore, it is feared that the upcoming young cricketers will not willing to learn the orthodox and traditional form of cricket. They will naturally want to pursue the more rewarding and uncomplicated way of playing. This might prove detrimental to the game as a whole.
The advent of T20 cricket has changed the game for sure. For good or bad is yet to be seen. Let’s open this topic for discussion. Your comments are invited.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
kakarothusain

I think that T20 cricket matches are much better as compared to ODIs and test since they not only saves our time but also bring more excitement in watching matches..
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

I agree, T20 not only save time, but are full of excitement and enjoyment
Old 03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Refresher

Things need to change as generation changes- It's a jet speed fast world these days and people rarely have time to sit on the couch and watch ODIs and Tests for 8 hours or 10 hours.

T20 is the best thing Cricket ever came with in my opinion
Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
vandy

T20 cricket tests the full caliber of a cricketer and this modern cricket has revolutionized the cricketing world. The audience has got new spirit to enjoy the game anxiously as the all important time factor comes into play.In the European and American countries, people like football,basketball because they serve best within time limits whereas in cricket time consumed is more.Cricket is only popular in sub-continent than other sports.In the whole world,T20 has renovated the cricket lovers.People enjoy this fast cricket and the players too enjoy it.With the inclusion of IPL in 20-20 the excitement has doubled.In tests and ODI it takes more time for a result and also in tests draw may also result which is disliked by people.Truly speaking test cricket is full cricket but people love 20-20 and with changing times cricket also needs to be changed.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 AM
samiamnot1

I second the feeling about T20. I personally like Test and ODI.

Even if it's fun to watch T20, I rather see people who play technical batting and bowling then to watch Boom Boom batting and scared bowlers!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
bullieeoo

For me Test cricket still is the best because it tells us how good the other batsman or bowler is.. what do u think guys??
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
ug.robs

T20 is a great innovation of cricket. It has completely changed the format of playing cricket. It has made cricket more thrilling , exciting and enjayable. It is really booming these days...

Tags
comparison, odi, t20, test