Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Board Forum > Cricket Talk

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Angry Why aren't they using Mashrafi?

I cant understand the reason behind buying mashrafi for 4 million usd and not utilizing the money. mashrafi is the most useful strike bowler for bangladesh. recently he ranked 9th in the ODI bowler ratings. yet, KKR is not letting him play.

same goes for ashraful and MI.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

You cannot ask KKR to win the remaining matches by including Mashrafi....

I think problem could be limit of foreign players in the Team XI. Recently KKR Coach Buchanan n an interview told about this.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
fazal.shabdeen

the problem with KKR is Buchnan... He stil couldnt find a proper playing ix for them. They used a Ajantha Mendis is the Tied match to bowl a Super Over.. any kind of batsmen go after spinners in this format. they had Ishant Sharma on their team to bowl super over, but they giv to Ajantha.. Also this time around wickets are more spinner freindly, they must use Ajantha Mendis for most of the match. even y/day match part timer Dilshan bowled 4 overs for just 18 runs... KKR having problem in playing ix all the time coz of their multiple captains theory.... I think its sucks,....
Old 11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
fazal.shabdeen

Mashrafi is good decent bowler with handy lower order batter, they can try with 4 sure.. he is better than Agarkar....
Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 AM
hk2009

KKR have run out of ideas, so lot of confusion in the team. The team is disintegrated as it owner and management moved little far-off in encouraging the team as it is loosing continously. Inside everybody are blaming each other for their loss. The team does not look confident also. Even mashraf added in the playing eleven may not improve. They need to plan ahead for the next ipl.
Old 13-05-2009, 02:50 PM

i guess kkr bought mashrafi just because they dont want to face his bowling. otherwise no point in buying him with all that money and not letting him play.... :@
Old 13-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

@ No more than 4 Players can be in Team XI. This is biggest reason I suppose for not being Mashrafi in the XI.
Old 15-05-2009, 05:04 AM
samiamnot1

the idea of including only 4 foreign players is as ridiculous as not letting mosrafi play the game he has given his life to.

i don't get it, why buy a player, if u don't even give him a single chance.

i think one of the reason they included him was coz, ipl did not want to take blame for bot including bangladesh for the game. it will be like racism or whatever u call it.
they probably wanted to avoid the situation of bangladesh boycotting IPL or may be they wanted balgali people to buy tickets to watch the game.

anyways, kkr are loosing pretty bad, so what the heck, they should at least give him a chance...at least once....

i personally don't care, coz i am not bangali, but let's be fair to all the countries here...and plus now the whole situation about the coach...what is going on here...

i think they should fire that coach, let some of the players go and bring in new players...where are other Ranji players that are good. I don't understand the way they select these players.

For KKR, their batting is horrible, except Ganguli, they bowling is horrible (where is Ishant!! why is he not doing well in KKR, may be he should trade himself to Chinnai!!) and let's not even talk about fielding...who is their fielding coach...FIRE HIM!!! They should start a fresh to get somewhere...

To start, I think Shahrukh should sleep with each of the players!!! Remember what he said to the reporter, few weeks back...