Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Cricket Video Highlights > Series Archives > Archives > India vs New Zealand 2009

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Default India vs New Zealand, Day 1 of 3rd Test, Wellington

Cricket Highlights of Day 1, 3rd Test played between New Zealand vs India at Wellington 2009. Watch Full and Short Highlights of Test Matches. Watch Innings of India (Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni) and New Zealand (McCullum, Taylor, McGlashan, Ryder). Watch Highlights of 03 April 2009 Wellington Test.

Full Scoreboard of match can viewed at here http://live.cricket-highlights.com/score2M177.html

Part 1

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-i...-id-596656.php

Part 2

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-i...-id-596667.php

Match Preview

History beckons Team India when they step out to take the field in the Third Test at the Basin Reserve in Wellington. They have won Test series in England, West Indies, and Pakistan in the last decade and now they have the chance to add New Zealand to that list. After their great escape at Napier they will be wary of similar mistakes at the Basin. They were outplayed for the first three days in the previous Test but like a true champion outfit drew upon their immense mental resolve to hang on for a draw.

Rahul Dravid has looked every inch like the 'Wall' that he is known for with 3 fifties in 4 innings on this tour. With Yuvraj too returning to form with an aggressive fifty in the last innings, India at least have their batting sorted out. The main concern of the Indian think tank would be the lack of penetration of Harbhajan Singh on flat tracks. While Munaf Patel bowled well without much luck or reward as fortuitous edges flew wide of the fielders.

The Kiwis put in a much improved performance at Napier, but their inability to close out the match will concern Vettori and company. Jesse Ryder proved he is the new exciting kid on the block by notching up a double hundred, he certainly has the wood on the Indians for now. Still the top order of the Kiwis looks quite feeble with Tim McIntosh unsure of where his next run will come from.

Jamie How failed to grab his opportunity at Napier, and with Flynn set to return he is set to be omitted. Taking 20 wickets will be a major issue and NZ do not have an express pace bowler ala Shane Bond who can run through any side. Vettori seems burdened by the pressures of captaincy as he has failed to create the impression expected of him.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
samiamnot1

If you guys are watching/ following the match right now, then we should have some idea that this match is going to give us some result, Hopefully!!!

I honestly wish that India would win, but I cannot rule out NZ's strength. Each of the NZ bowlers have taken one wicket except Vettori so that goes on to prove that this is seamer's pitch. Well, I cannot wait to see Ishant, Zaheer and Patel's bowling.

One point I don't get it is, why Sehwag has to act like he is playing one dayers. I understand that he is made up like that, but if he gets out early in the over, then he leaves a lot of pressure behind him. Another fact that I don't get it is, Yuvraj's inclusion. He should be played only in one dayers and not in tests. I think these two guys are tailor made for 50 overs match.

Still, I would keep Sehwag coz he is a proven commodity, while Yuvraj, not that much. So the question is, why is Yuvraj in test line up? Why not give batting instead to other new players, that have the capability to withstand longer hours of cricket?

P.S. This guy Arun at crickinfo.com said, "Further evidence to support a long held theory of mine, that Yuvraj Singh is not test match material. He has a poor defensive technique, and can't play good pace or spin in conditions that assist them. i.e. Flat track bully. I'd imagine Rohit Sharma, despite his poor form could have done twice as well as this guy..."
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

why we cannot consider Pujara or Raina
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
samiamnot1

Yes, that is my point, they can give it to people like Pujara or Raina who also are proven commodity. I mean, waiting for Yuvraj to strike might take forever. Common man, it's like history in the making, so try to make sure that you do what is required that this dream comes true. In places like India, politics triumphs over character!

Tags
3rd test, day 1, india vs new zealand, wellington