Cricket Highlights  

Go Back   Cricket Highlights > Board Forum > Cricket Talk

Notices

Old 30-03-2009, 12:48 AM
samiamnot1

Default Minnows of Cricket

Being from a small country, I want to see my nations do better in cricket. I wish I was younger again, so that I could represent my country, but now it's not possible. I am a die hard fan of cricket and have been playing it for so long. I used to ride bicycle hour long to get to my friend's place so that I could play cricket. Those old days but still are reminding of people playing cricket in Gullys, Sadaks and someone's backyard. It was fun to get yelled at and break your own house windows, while father finds out and we get beaten pretty bad. What else can you say, we were minnows to the world of cricket and not much people were into them.

What is the future of cricket for Minnows? Depressing or may be some countries are coming up.

Minnows:
Afghanistan, Nepal, Iraq, China, Japan, Singapore, Thiland, UAE, Bhutan and the rest in the following web site:

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ICC_MEMBERS/
Old 30-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Only possible way to promote cricket in these countries to arrange series between the two cricket playing cricket at the grounds of these countries.... Further offer of free tickets must be made to attract crowd.
Old 30-03-2009, 08:01 AM
samiamnot1

I think some of them are, but their NEWS never make it to the web sites like cricinfo.com or cricket365.com or any other. I mean, it's depressing that we only get to watch selected few cricket games and not all of it. It is somehow depressing as well as not up to par with the modernization or globalization of everything in 21st century!

Well whatever, by the time my country becomes a player in world cup, I will be dead, so who cares!
Old 30-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

cricinfo has live score of all international matches including that of norway, ireland, etc.

It's upto ICC to arrange series between two big countries at a grounds of low cricket popular countries like sweden, norway, etc. Make Tickets free, promote by advertisement boards, etc. Attract huge traffic by inviting students....

This is only way one can make cricket popular.
Old 30-03-2009, 08:54 AM
samiamnot1

Yes, you are right when u talk about tickets and everything. I am just frustrated that I am getting old and I have not even seen my country's cricket online. This is freaking depressing!!!

The rest in time, I guess!!!