PDA

View Full Version : What was wrong at India's defeat with Nzl

camouflage
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
This is a big question, well performing well in every part, be it batting, bowling or fielding, still Ind doesn't manage to win the match, the only reason that comes to my mind is the experimental strategies taken by our captain, i.e. using a part time bowler rather than completing with proper bowlers or coming up the order in the last match. Such things are unpredictable for both teams which sometimes disturbs the stability of the team.
I would like to have the views from other people also... what do they think about this??

holive
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Well i do feel that Dhoni gets too much unorthodox in his thinking when he is on the field. This worked really well for him in the IPL '09 when he manged to disguise the Suresh Raina's bowling talent to mark a great impact as a thinker. I think 8 out of 10 times this part of Dhoni has fetched his team Good results, perhaps this was one of those 2 times that it could not produce the desired results!

bullieeoo
03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
for the pitch was and the condition was the main reason for Indian team downfall, I saw Dhoni interview in which he said, we were trying something new and we failed in it.
Indian team got a great start but as spinner came Indian team wobbled.

BigBoss
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Nothing wrong in loosing game which was officially warm up match. The more you loose, the more you cover your mistakes.

Refresher
03-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Nothing wrong in loosing game which was officially warm up match. The more you loose, the more you cover your mistakes.

Rightly said. I'd second your opinion. It's , after all, a Warm Up match, so no worries. But I feel the bowling part was a bit weak(don't know why, even though RP was in best of his form) and they went for too many runs in the last 5 overs :(:o