PDA

View Full Version : No Pakistani Cricketers in IPL 2009

aniket325
22-04-2009, 03:46 PM
There will be no Pakistani cricketers in the second edition of IPL . Pakistan has barred its players from playing in the IPL T20 2009, citing reasons of ongoing tension between both countries after march 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has taken this decision after Pakistan's Foreign Ministry decided against sending Pakistani cricketers to India.

Five Pakistani players - Yasir Arafat, Danish Kaneria, Yasir Hameed, Asim Kamal and Mohammad Hafeez were blocked by the Pakistan government from visiting India to attend the IPL Second Auction in Goa on February 10.

rooncraz
23-04-2009, 02:29 AM
What about Sohail Tanvir??

ummi4u
27-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Sohail tanvir is really a fantastic bowler he should have to Ipl ......thts not good man

samiamnot1
28-04-2009, 07:23 AM
The heading says, "No Pakistani cricketer to play in IPL," so that means, none are there. I don't know though, if one of the best side is not represented, how can it be a complete cricket.

It would have been fun to watch the likes of Sohail Tanvhir, Salman Butt, Sohaib Akhtar and other news makers. Plus that would have pulled more money in for IPL. Still, Paki gov took that step, so cannot be blamed on the IPL people.

Too bad...for everyone...

kakarothusain
03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I got really shocked when i heard that this time pakistan players like Shahid Afridi,Sohail Tanvir etc are not going to peform in IPL T20.But this has happened mainly because of the terror activities which is going on in Pakistan..